Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Script for student summit.

Some of the things that I valued and got out of doing the Flat Classroom Project came form different aspect of the work we did.
Collaboration- I was disappointed with the amount of collaboration on the wiki project. I was very excited and looked forward to working with others on the project, but it never happened. I learned that sometimes others will be busy and not able to communicate that they can't help, and that is something that you cant control.

Digital Tools and Skills- I learned how to use tools like Windows Movie Maker to create a video and I am able to put that knowledge to use in other projects in school. There were new tools like this blog, that I learned can be used to voice an opinion on things and can be used to communicate as well. I also learned about tools like Evernote that can be used to take notes electronically from almost any device. Other tools we used included Google Docs, to create a master list of all of our blogs and emails, so any of us could communicate outside of class if needed.

Challenge- The most challenging aspect of this project was that on the wiki project, I was all alone. My flatten-er was Workflow Software in Current News. It felt hard enough to begin with just to find the information, but to make the section of the wiki on my own didn't help.

The thing I enjoyed most was the outsource clip. I liked that someone was depending on me for something, and that I could help them out by simply making a video and sending it to them.

If I were to make any changes to the project, I would change the outsource clips. Although they were fun, some students never got their clips or nobody took the responsibility to record it for them. These students were left with no fall back, and most likely lost
points because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment